This internship requires a minimum commitment of 8 – 10 hours per week for months in the New American Pathways’ Finance office.
This entry level position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through hands-on experience with multiple accounting and grant management processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with day to day data input for Accounts Payable Invoices and Disbursements
- Assist with day to day data input for Accounts Receivable and Cash Receipts
- Assist with data input for General Ledger Transactions
- Assist with compiling documents for government grant reimbursement
- Assist with monthly / annual General Ledger account reconciliations
- Maintain filing, assist with transition of prior year to current year files
- Assist with maintenance of accounting systems and databases
- Completion of 1st year accounting courses and / or minimum 1 year bookkeeping experience
- Above average competency in Microsoft Excel, Word
- Minimum level of exposure to computerized accounting systems (QuickBooks, Peachtree, other)
- Sensitivity to cultural backgrounds, religions, and nationalities
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to communicate with people of various backgrounds, with various levels of English proficiency
- Good English writing skills
- Able to work independently as well as with team
Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
About New American Pathways:
New American Pathways is a local 501(c) 3 nonprofit that helps refugees from the moment of arrival in Georgia through their journey to citizenship. Our specially designed programs provide proven pathways for refugees and other immigrants to realize their full potential and dreams as they build new lives. Our comprehensive model is unique. We begin with resettlement services and offer steady guidance and advocacy for each family as they pursue jobs, education, cultural integration, individual and female empowerment, and whatever each person needs on their pathway to succeed. By matching peoples’ unique assets with opportunities in the community, we ensure that each new American we serve can succeed, strengthen the American workforce, and help Georgia thrive.