The Finance Accounting Coordinator is responsible for preparing and recording in person and remote cash deposits, prepare and post journal entries as assigned, assist with semi-monthly payroll upload for accounting system entry, and reconcile assigned accounts. Process monthly credit card charges and prepare journal entries. The position also performs grant billing, accounts receivable and payable entries, monthly bank reconciliations and assist other team members as needed. This position reports to the Senior Accountant.
Essential Job Functions:
• Review all cash receipts and ensure proper coding. Prepare deposits for approval and input per deposit procedures.
• Record deposits in General Ledger. Submit to Sr. Accountant for approval and posting.
• Prepare assigned monthly bank reconciliations, review and monitor stale dated bank reconciliation items, and submit to Sr. Accountant for approval. Cancel posted deposited checks upon completion of bank reconciliation.
• Perform monthly analysis on Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Fixed Asset. balances and ensure sub-ledgers balance to General ledger.
• Process remote deposits
• Prepare grant billing documents and Submit to Grant Manager for processing.
• Prepare month end non-payroll related expense allocations as needed.
• Prepare monthly journal entries as assigned.
• Process monthly staff reimbursements.
• Assist with semi-monthly payroll upload to accounting system
• Perform monthly donor receipt reconciliation with Advancement
• Maintain and update Monthly Closing Checklist.
• Maintain Master Customer 1099 Contractor List.
• Process monthly Welcome Coop Invoices.
• Maintain file of posted Journal Entries and supporting documentation.
• Record and process corporate credit card transactions.
• Perform all other tasks as requested by the CFO or Sr. Accountant.
• Assist with monthly reconciliations for Inventory accounts.
• Maintain files for all accounting documents.
• Provide backup for Accounts Payable processing and disbursements.
• Provide backup for monthly payroll upload
• Provide backup to allocate administrative expenses and staff time.
• Assist with annual audit tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully interact with a diverse staff from a variety of cultural, ethnic, religious, and educational back grounds.
• Submit to a criminal background check.
• Possess good analytical abilities and skills.
• Ability to identify and resolve system level issues.
• Adapts easily to working in a dynamic and changing environment.
• Self-starter, takes initiative, recognizes a sense of urgency.
• Fundamental knowledge of basic MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook skills.
• Commitment to organization’s mission and serving refugees.
• Familiarity with non-profit accounting software a plus.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
• Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting and 3 years entry level accounting experience required.
This is a full-time non-exempt, position with an annual salary range of $39,500 - $45,000 based on experience. 14 paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy.