This internship requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week for 3 months in the New American Pathways’ office or virtually.
This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about various aspects of nonprofit program management. In this role, the intern will support the AmeriCorps Program Manager with training, recruitment, and onboarding of AmeriCorps Members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in recruitment of potential AmeriCorps Members
- Assists in helping to develop training for current and future AmeriCorps Members
- Assists in maintaining correspondence with former AmeriCorps Members.
- Assists in administrative tasks such as organizing files, researching, and helping to enhance AmeriCorps Program
- Completes other tasks as assigned
- Communication skills that include the ability to converse with people of various backgrounds and cultures; the ability to speak patiently and respectfully
- Ability to express one’s thoughts clearly and succinctly through written word
- Ability to pay careful attention to detail in applications and written word
- Interest in and passion for National Service and supporting the refugee community
- Innovation and resourcefulness; the ability to maintain focus on the “big picture” while understanding the details required to support it
Candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship. Students may receive credit.
About New American Pathways:
New American Pathways is a local 501(c) 3 nonprofit that helps refugees from the moment of arrival in Georgia through their journey to citizenship. Our specially designed programs provide proven pathways for refugees and other immigrants to realize their full potential and dreams as they build new lives. Our comprehensive model is unique. We begin with resettlement services and offer steady guidance and advocacy for each family as they pursue jobs, education, cultural integration, individual and female empowerment, and whatever each person needs on their pathway to succeed. By matching peoples’ unique assets with opportunities in the community, we ensure that each new American we serve can succeed, strengthen the American workforce, and help Georgia thrive.