The Community Support Liaison is responsible for organizing and facilitating faith-based and community partnership efforts of New American Pathways for humanitarian entrant populations, including refugees, Special Immigrant Visa holders and others. Duties will also include overseeing the management and coordination of community and faith-based volunteers, developing tools and providing training through the lens of global migration trends, and acting as the informational and logistical bridge between co-sponsoring groups and New American Pathways and ensuring compliance with required activities.
- Function as liaison between community and faith-based groups, New American Pathways refugee resettlement team and newly arriving refugee individuals and families
- Respond to all community and faith-based volunteer inquiries
- Schedule and assist with donation drop offs and pick ups
- Meet in person with community groups and new arrivals at New American Pathways’ offices and in community settings
- Reach out to and educate community groups, faith-based organizations, and businesses about community sponsorship and its benefits, for both sponsors and the populations served, through presentations, newsletters, social media, and direct outreach
- Advocate for and promote awareness of refugee populations to promote community acceptance
- Recruit and train community sponsorship groups (co-sponsors) and facilitate appropriate matches with newly arrived refugee families and individuals.
- Conduct necessary screening for co-sponsors and develop a process for matching co-sponsors to families/individuals
- Ensure co-sponsors and those served have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities within the program; provide ongoing clarification as needed
- Develop and facilitate co-sponsorship training opportunities, including racial equity and diversity training to be provided to community groups.
- Work with existing community sponsorship groups to identify best practices for training
- Experience in volunteer coordination and management
- Experience working with faith-based and/or community groups
- Experience working with diverse clients in a not-profit setting, previous experience working with refugees preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong emotional intelligence and situational awareness
- Excellent organization and team-building skills
- Highly adaptable and flexible self-starter with ability to work independently as well as collaborate with others, juggle multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a demanding work environment
- Enthusiastic, tactful, teamwork focused and outstanding customer service skills
- Working knowledge of databases
This is a full-time, salaried position with an annual salary range of $36,500-$40,000. Employer contributes to medical, dental and vision insurance. Employer pays life and disability insurance. 14 paid holidays and a generous paid time off policy. Employee has the option to contribute to 401(k).
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.