This internship requires a minimum commitment of 8-10 hours per week for 4 months in the New American Pathways’ office.
This position is intended to provide qualified interns with opportunities to learn through experience about key aspects of nonprofit communications and marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collect stories, photos and data from multiple, varied in- and out-of-office sources
- Draft and schedule social media posts for various platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok)
- Edit current social media platforms to ensure content is dynamic and up-to-date
- Draft/design monthly newsletters according to the editorial calendar
- Edit and/or redesign branded collateral as needed
- Edit and update organizational web site as needed
- Support special events with event marketing and correspondence as needed
- Liaise with program staff and advancement team on communication needs
- Work on special projects for Communications team and other duties as assigned
- Strong organization skills; the ability to multitask and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Basic computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills with multiple social media tools preferred, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, MailChimp, etc.
- Experience with InDesign and PhotoShop desired
- Decisive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Submit to criminal background check
- Sensitivity to cultural, ethnic and religious diversity
- Comfortable working in a multicultural setting
- Interest in working in a nonprofit organization and in the refugee community
Interested candidates may submit their application, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. This is a non-paid internship.
About New American Pathways:
New American Pathways is a local 501(c) 3 nonprofit that helps refugees from the moment of arrival in Georgia through their journey to citizenship. Our specially designed programs provide proven pathways for refugees and other immigrants to realize their full potential and dreams as they build new lives. Our comprehensive model is unique. We begin with resettlement services and offer steady guidance and advocacy for each family as they pursue jobs, education, cultural integration, individual and female empowerment, and whatever each person needs on their pathway to succeed. By matching peoples’ unique assets with opportunities in the community, we ensure that each new American we serve can succeed, strengthen the American workforce, and help Georgia thrive.