The Resource Coordinator will work closely with the Sr. Housing Manager to promote the mission, vision, and values of the Welcome Co-op. Their primary role will be to create systems for operation of the Shop of Hope, ensuring a successful start-up, and promoting the long-term sustainability of the Welcome Co-op. The Shop of Hope serves individual clients of each of our member agencies, providing them an opportunity to shop for needed clothing and household items at no cost to them. The Resource Coordinator will also help promote the Welcome Co-op’s efforts and help garner support both through in-kind donations and volunteer involvement.
*This position is grant funded through the end of Fiscal Year 2021 (September 30, 2021). Continuation of the position into FY22 is contingent on funding. This position will operate under a shared-service agreement among four resettlement agencies: Catholic Charities Atlanta, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) in Georgia and Florida, New American Pathways, and Inspiritus. Until the Welcome Co-op is an independent non-profit organization, New American Pathways will be the employer of record for this position.
- Create a protocol for management of all aspects of the Shop of Hope (stocking and organizing, voucher system for clients, managing volunteer helpers, ordering supplies, handling customers both paying and non-paying, tracking and inventorying of product, etc.)
- Create a protocol for recruiting, training, and managing volunteers to assist with sorting/processing of donations, serving as Shop of Hope store clerks, helping with apartment setups, etc.
- Manage donations pick-up and drop-off inquiries and track all donations. Receive and process donations and help unload vehicles responsibly, ensuring safety and security of passengers and items.
- Oversee the Welcome Co-op social media platforms and website.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience with managing retail space (particularly experience in thrift store business), inventory management, volunteer management and/or donation coordination.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Energetic and positive attitude conducive to working on a small team.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals (staff and volunteers) from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds in a culturally diverse environment.
- Working familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn database/customer-relations-management (CRM) programs (e.g., Salesforce) quickly; CRM experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal relations skills: the ability to work effectively with partners, volunteers, donors, and colleagues in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and effectively manage time.
- Valid driver’s license (class C), clean driving record, and competence driving box vans/trucks.
- Ability to pass a background check and be around clients, including minors.
- Experience managing social media platforms and websites
- Good basic math skills.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Salary range $37,500-42,500. This position is not eligible for benefits.