New American Pathways is a nonprofit 501c3 organization whose mission is to help refugees and Georgia thrive. Our vision is for new Americans in Metro Atlanta to become successful, contributing, and welcomed members of Georgia’s communities. The Advancement Department of New American Pathways ensures that the organization’s fundraising, communications and volunteer engagement are consistent with the mission, goals and strategic vision of the organization.
The Communications Coordinator will work as a member of the Advancement team in executing external communications through social media platforms, newsletter, storytelling and website management. This person will ensure New AP branding and messaging is consistent and will create content to be shared across New AP communications platforms, as well as monitor progress towards marketing and communications goals.
- Manage New AP Social Media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Monitor trends and ensure the organization is using up to date methods to ensure maximum engagement.
- Monitor New AP’s website and do basic updates as needed.
- Maintain and monitor the New AP brand for consistency and integrity. Review all external materials from other departments prior to dissemination.
- Compile stories of New AP staff and clients for social media, website, and media stories.
- Take photos of events and clients for sharing on New AP communications channels.
- Develop an annual newsletter plan in partnership with the Development Director. Compile stories and work with guest authors to build and disseminate a monthly newsletter.
- Update and/or develop new branded materials as needed.
- Manage a media contact list and send press releases. May serve as a media point of contact.
- Work with the Advancement team leadership on public relations activities to include creating and releasing publicity materials and coordinating activities that will advance the organization’s mission.
- May supervise Communications Interns each semester.
- Work with Development Director to set and monitor annual communications and marketing goals.
- Research and support Development Director in identifying and executing media stories, including maintaining a media contact list.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Human Services or a related field, and/or at least one year of providing communications support to a nonprofit or for-profit organization.
- Understanding of nonprofit communications and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience managing and updating a WordPress website and MailChimp campaigns.
- Talented at basic graphic design with experience with Canva or a comparable graphic design software.
- Understanding of storytelling and communication elements, experience working with diverse populations to gather and share stories preferred.
- Punctual and time-oriented; efficient in meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrated history of setting and meeting goals
- Experience working as part of a team in a diverse, multicultural environment.
- Excellent Communication skills and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position and salaried at a range of $38,000-$42,000. Occasional weekend or evening work may be needed.