U.S. Citizenship Services
Is it time for you to file for citizenship?
New AP’s Immigration department is holding monthly citizenship workshops for eligible applicants! Take this quick quiz to make sure you are eligible, then sign up for a slot at one of our Citizenship Events!
May 2019 (CLICK HERE)
February 2019 (CLICK HERE)
March 2019 (CLICK HERE)
April 2019: (CLICK HERE)
May 2019: (CLICK HERE)
June 2019: (CLICK HERE)
Be sure to bring the correct information: What to Bring With You
Can’t make it to one of our workshops? The New Americans Campaign holds free citizenship workshops all over Atlanta. Please see below for more information:
May 11, 2019 – Lawrenceville, GA – RSVP here
Before you sign up, make sure you’re eligible for US citizenship.
- Be over 18 years old
- Have had your green card for more than 5 years (3 years if you’re married to a US citizen)
- Be able to speak, read, and write English
- Be able to pass a test on US civics and History (study materials are available)
- Have a clean criminal record for the past five years (since 2012)
**If you’re not sure if you qualify, please come to our weekly walk-in clinic any Tuesday morning between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. There is a $20 walk-in fee that may be applied to your immigration services.**
If you have been arrested, you MUST come to walk-in with all of your certified court dispositions before we can schedule you for an appointment for Citizenship.
You will receive a follow-up email after you register, but please bring the following items with you to your appointment:
- Permanent resident card (green card)
- State issued ID
- All passports (even expired ones)
- Birth and marriage certificates (if you have them)
- Divorce decrees (if applicable)
- $200 service fee for NewAP
The fee for USCIS is now $725, but there is a fee waiver available for low-income applicants. To complete the fee waiver, you will need
- 2017 taxes OR
- Proof that you are receiving public benefits (food stamps, Medicaid, public housing)