‘Tis the Season: Secret Santa Begins
As the weather gets colder, the opportunities to give back are heating up.
Every year our winter season is filled with love and support from those in the community who want to show that they want to make refugees welcome in Georgia. There are many ways you can make the holidays bright for our community’s newest arrivals. The biggest, and most popular every year, is our Secret Santa program!
Secret Santa gives you an opportunity to make the holiday season special for one refugee child, or family, by donating new toys or household items to be given directly to refugee families in Georgia this December. Last year’s drive was a huge success – bringing gifts to over 140 children and dozens of families.
You can also take Secret Santa a step further, by hosting a holiday drive with your faith community, company or friends. Successful holiday drives normally collect high-need, non-perishable items like diapers, hygiene items, or socks and underwear. This year, we are also in need of jackets and coats for children (ages newborn to 12) and winter accessories like warm socks, gloves, hats, and scarves.
- The easiest way to find the right items is to shop our Amazon Wishlist where you can have items sent directly to us.
- If you prefer to shop in person, take some inspiration from the Wish list, then drop off your items in-person at our offices or our approved drop-off locations at any Finders Keepers location around town.
- We suggest one indoor gift, one outdoor gift and one book per child.
- Your items should not be gift-wrapped, but you can include gift bags with your drop off.
- Contact our Resource Coordinator Jayme if you have questions, need to schedule a drop off, or want to host a donation drive: firstname.lastname@example.org or (404) 299-6099 ext. 265.
- We ask that all donations be delivered by Friday, December 9.
If giving funds is more your style, take a moment to swing by our Georgia Gives Day page and donate to support our work helping refugees, and Georgia, thrive.