Ongoing Services Senior Coordinator
Under the direction of the Resettlement & Resource Navigation Manager and Senior Ongoing Services Coordinator, the Temporary Ongoing Services Case Manager is responsible for the provision of COVID-19 response and Preferred Communities services to New American Pathways’ clients, in particular for Swahili-speaking clients. This position will assist clients through transportation and accompaniment to medical appointments, interpretation for colleagues and community providers, provide client education about COVID-19 response, and outreach to refugee and immigrant communities. This position will focus on clients with special vulnerabilities, including single parents, youth, elderly, physical and mental health needs, LGBTQI clients, and other special needs clients. The position will be primarily remote, but up to 20 hours per week of in-person services for client transportation are required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct service delivery of intensive case management services, including transporting clients to appointments, benefits applications, and community resource referrals
- Coordinate and deliver educational information about COVID-19 and community resources to clients, using telephone and remote service delivery model
- Swahili-language interpretation and direct service provision, remote and in-person
- Provision of community resource referral and assisting with remote applications
- Remote outreach to Swahili-speaking clients to provide education and screen for needs
- Follows NewAP and CDC guidance for safe(r) provision of in-person services and in limited in-office work hours, remains up-to-date on latest requirements and recommendations
- Complete case-related paperwork, reports, and professional documentation of services
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Collaborates with other team members, interns, AmeriCorps members, and volunteers for service provision
- Ability to work early mornings, nights and weekends when needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in Swahili is required. Additional language skills in Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, and/or French are preferred.
- A personal passion to assist refugees and immigrants with their efforts to gain and maintain self-sufficiency
- Ability to handle volume of detail involving confidential information and requiring execution of assignments without close supervision
- Flexibility and ability to problem solve
- Excellent skills in teamwork and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Ability to build rapport with diverse communities
- Ability to effectively work remotely and utilize technology platforms including Zoom
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Driver’s license and good driving record required
This is a full-time, temporary position with an hourly rate of $17.00, from August 1, 2020 – April 30, 2021.
To apply for the position, email your resume to email@example.com Lead Teacher-Elementary in the subject line. No phone calls please. New American Pathways is an Equal Opportunity Employer.